Here are some little things I love:
- The murmur of the wind through the trees (not tempest-woooooooohhhh but rather nice-afternoon-tsch-tsch-tsch, which means rather "breeze" than "wind" maybe!);
- Sunset lights;
- Cool temperatures (16-17 degrees);
- Wind chimes (goes well with the nice-afternoon-tsch-tsch-tsch, like a complimetary pling-pling-pling) ;
- Ramen noodles;
- Summer snails, always being very careful not to thread on the little things, since they look so cute and, ehr, relaxed!
(It 's being like this today! Had noodles at lunch time - and the other stuff!)
Today there was the official announcement in SITA that our office in Dublin will close. We will be made redundant. Last day is November 30th. I must say I feel quite relieved that they actually (and finally) announced it in a proper way, because we knew - non-officially - for some weeks already and oh boy, that was torture!
I must also say that I don't like changes and risks, but in some case a big shake may be very welcome - as a way of not remaining stagnated, accommodated, or frozen in a space and time cocoon.
In my case I must think about what I really want to do, since I am not very sure yet of that! I have been working for these companies for quite some time and never really stopped very much to think if that's what I really wanted: Pan American (2 years), American Express (9 and 1/2 years), SITA (6 years). And there you have 18 years of my life, gone without me being sure if that was worth the effort.
Some things I would like to do:
- Maybe work as a contractor;
- Have time to do some courses on Graphic design applications;
- Definitely go to a good HTML course;
- XML maybe (as well);
- Japanese course maybe (very tempting);
- Sit down and re-start drawing;
- Finally get/renew my Gym membership and start exercising again to see if I get more energetic and bring some movement to these limbs;
- Read, read, read;
- Start selling stuff on EBay as well.
The breeze is still "breezing". I feel relaxed.
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Little things (and changes)
Posted by Andrea Leite Marques at 7:05 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sorry to hear that your office will close but it sounds like you'll be using it as a good catalyst. HTML and XML you should be able to run through pretty quickly. If you need any help lemme know. I ought to brush up. And Japanese study is fun :DReplyDelete
Hi Kuri! How are you these days? Thanks for your comment! Oh yes, I will ask for help if I start with that XML thingy, thank you so much! As I said, we will be there until Nov'30th, and we now have a company to help with relocation, which has been hired by SITA. I liked the 1st meeting. Let's see. But I really need to rest for a while!ReplyDelete
Talk to you soon, and hope you'll have a wonderful weekend,
Resting is good!ReplyDelete